Outlook 2013 BCM not working

JimR

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
I am about to give up on this piece of c*** BCM software! After installing my Outlook 2013 just hangs at loading profile.

Then I got it working yesterday by reinstalling BCM and I started to input the first couple of BCM contacts and get to know the system. Today it hangs again at loading profile and I am running out of patience.

I think I am going to uninstall BCM and find another CRM solution for my one-man engineering consultancy - any good ideas for a cheap but efficient software that can track Outlook mails/meetings etc. automatically?

br

JimR

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
How much tracking do you need? Outlook can do quite a bit on its own, without the overhead of BCM. I haven't found a good replacement - mostly because most CRM utilities are out of the price range of many users. I understand why - developing a CRM is a lot of work and the market is not large - but i also understand the limitations of a small business, especially one just starting out (when it makes the most sense to start using a CRM).

What addins do you have installed? It's possible something is not playing nice with BCM. If so, you'll need to decide which is more important to you.

I'm not sure the new build of BCM 2010/2013 will fix your problems (mostly because I'm not sure what is causing them), but if you want to try it, let me know. You'll need to uninstall the current BCM (but not SQL) to install it.

JimR

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks for the fast answer. I have tried working with the Journal but it is not quite enough if you want to track mails, meetings, phone talks and other information on the clients. I have 150-200 people to keep track of and I can't remember what I have talked to everyone about, when to call, what to focus on etc. etc.

I will try another program called channelcrm which also has a free program that should integrate mails, meeting, contacts with Outlook. They also have an option of buying support at a fair cost, something I think I would like to have.

br

JimR

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
With that many contacts, a crm can be helpful. Let us know how channelcrm is - I know others are looking for a BCM replacement after the debacle with the field names.