Customizing "Send to" Attachment Script

hhound4

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am using a very helpful script ( http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/create-a-custom-send-to-shortcut/#joseph ) that enables me to select 2 attachments in windows explorer and use a custom "send to" button to mail them out. Method I am using is "Joseph's Script Method"

So far I have changed around the subject line and added some basic text in the body. My issue is that I am absolutely new to VBA and don't know enough to make further alterations. Basically I would just like to do simple things like adjust text size, text color, add spaces, bold text etc... in the body of the message. I am very familiar with HTML, is there a way to turn the body into HTML coding?

Or is there a simple place I can learn the absolute basics of VBA to just change text around?

I am using Outlook 2013, 32 bit - appreciate any help you can provide, thanks.

hhound4

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
It would be like this -
oEmailitem.HTMLBody = "<p style='color:green'> whatever " & subjectStr & "</p>"

You can use either ' or " around most html elements - using ' makes it easier to code.
Thanks! All I needed!

questorfla

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I would like to ask on the same topic if there is a way to ZIP the attachments used rather than just attaching them soi can use it with files that cannot be attached unless zipped. The script works beautifully!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if your zip program supports command line zip, you should be able to do it. you'll need to pass the file names to the command line to create the zip.