synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a user who wants to continue synching calendar, tasks, contacts on his android phone while using google and outlook 2010. He was able to do this until the app was recently discontinued. Any suggestions?

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I actually bought gsyncit but then he decided he wanted to see how Outlook.com and Outlook 2010 work together. Any experience with this and if so, any suggestions, etc.? Remember, he has an Android phone. Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you use a Gmail or outlook.com account for email? if yes, use gsyncit with Gmail, or stick with outlook.com.

If no, do you use pop3 or imap? With pop3, gsyncit would be my choice, especially since its paid for as it syncs your current calendar with Gmail. Outlook.com adds another data file to the profile - if you used imap in outlook 2013, this would be good, but in 2010, it adds a 3rd data file. So... basically, gsyncit unless you already use outlook.com.

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Do you use a Gmail or outlook.com account for email? if yes, use gsyncit with Gmail, or stick with outlook.com.

If no, do you use pop3 or imap? With pop3, gsyncit would be my choice, especially since its paid for as it syncs your current calendar with Gmail. Outlook.com adds another data file to the profile - if you used imap in outlook 2013, this would be good, but in 2010, it adds a 3rd data file. So... basically, gsyncit unless you already use outlook.com.
If I'm not mistaken, Diane....he has a Gmail email account but just has his work email (which I believe is POP3) forwarded to that account and just has his phone able to access it. The only real synching is of his calendar/contacts in his Google account with his Outlook 2010 items. Still stay with gsyncit in your opinion?

Forum Admin

So he's not using a gmail email address, just using it as a go-between for getting work mail on the phone? In that case, he could forward work mail to outlook.com instead... but that still means an extra data file in outlook - with gsyncit, he can sync the calendar and contacts in the POP3 pst to gmail - he doesn't have to do anything except set it up.

If he uses outlook.com, he needs to set the outlook.com data file as default then move the calendar and contacts to the outlook.com folders.

If he didn't own gysncit, then i'd say try outlook.com and see how it goes, but I think it's less confusing to have one data file.