Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroen Bonenberg

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all,,

I have a question, which is still unanswered after a lot of Googling. I haver a customer, who's running Exchange Server 2007 on an SBS2008. Most of the users are working on an RDP server, the customer is running two of them. Both servers are Windows Server 2008 R2, one is installed with Office 2007 and the other one is installed with Office 2013.

I delegated manager rights to a user for a Universal Distribution Group, I did this through the Exchange Management Shell. In Outlook 2013 I'm still getting the error that the user doesn't have sufficient rights when he wants to change the members of the distribution group. But when the user logs in on the terminal server where Office 2007 is installed, the user is able to change the members of the distribution group with no errors at all.

Anyone having an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for any reaction.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Bonenberg

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It may be a limitation of Outlook 2013/Exchange 2007 combination - in how permissions are handled in the client. Outlook 2013 only uses web services, not the Exchange addin. Exchange 2007 started the move towards web services but it's been while since I used it and don't recall how the permissions were handled, so i could be wrong.

I've seen permissions issues if the changes hadn't propagated to the client yet - it worked in online mode, not in cached mode. But with with RDP, you should be using online mode anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.