Connecting to Exchange changes calendar functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave M

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
Hello,

I have a user that is using Outlook 2013. They already have two G-mail accounts set-up. I went to connect their Outlook to an Exchange 2010 account and when doing so there was a pop-up that said something about connecting to Exchange has changed how Outlook handles mail and calendar. It significantly changed their functionality of their calendar and some of their items ended up missing. I had connected a number of Outlook 2010 accounts and never experienced this.

The account was removed and some of the functionality came back, but not all.

Does anyone know where I can find more information on this topic? Is there a way to connect without it making these changes?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave M.

When you add Exchange to a profile, it needs to be the default data file - this means the calendar and contacts in Exchange will be default, showing up in the to-do bar and outlook today. New items will default to it's calendar and contacts, which in the case of IMAP and Outlook 2013, isn't necessarily a bad thing - keeping calendar and contacts in the imap data file risks loss unless you back them up.

Nothing should be missing - it doesn't suck the items from the folders like iCloud does, it just changes the default. If you move the appointments and contacts to Exchange folders, it should work like it did before.

There is no way to add the account and not have it set as default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
S Outllook 2007 stops connecting with Exchange after latest MS Updates Using Outlook 2
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 Outlook not connecting to servers at Comcast. Using Outlook 3
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
C connecting to recent outlook file on new hard drive Using Outlook 2
K BCM - Connecting to Shared Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
I iPad not connecting correctly to Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
N Outlooking not connecting. Connection present Using Outlook 1
S Connecting to OMA from Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
B Initial "Connecting" to public folders on startup Using Outlook 8
D Issues connecting to echange Using Outlook 7
B Outlook not connecting to my email/server Using Outlook 1
D Connecting BCM 2007 to a shared BCM 2003 Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C Connecting to an addin in Outlook 2010 (or not) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Connecting BCM 2007 to SQL Server 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B connecting to shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Connecting to database failed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B Problem connecting to local BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Exchange Plan 1 Using Outlook 3
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
A Online Mode to Cached Exchange Mode problem Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
C How to fix outlook continuing to prompt fo an Exchange password Using Outlook 0
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
O Exchange Sync period only (e.g. last years mail) Using Outlook 0
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
I Exchange 2019 - MICROSOFT-CORP-MSN-AS-BLOCK Exchange Server Administration 0
T Outlook 2010 How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? ( Not on Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
D Microsoft Exchange account - Remote management Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C Transfer Autocomplete from Pop to Exchange Using Outlook 3
N Backing Up Exchange Calendar Using Outlook 13
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0