Repeated RSS items downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Is there any way to prevent Outlook from repeatedly downloading more or less the same items from an RSS source? The option "Any RSS Feed item that is updated appears as new" is off. The feed in question is SANS Information Security Reading Room (I think they had some issues with the feed or website recently, and since then I've been getting repeated copies of select items along with new items; or just the old ones when no new ones are published; interestingly enough, InoReader doesn't display these items repeatedly).

I've had this issue with another feed quite a while ago, and I'm not sure if it's Outlook-related or publisher-related.

(By they way, what is the option "Synchronize RSS Feeds to the Common Feed List (CFL) in Windows" for?)

The only option I know of is the one you changed. Is more than one feed affected? If so, it would more likely be outlook, but right now I think its the server.

Common feed list shares the list between windows and outlook. If you use multiple profiles, the RSS feeds are added to each profile automatically. I had an admin who had it enabled and set his profile on a users computer to test something. His feeds ended up in the users profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Batch print without appended trail of repeated e Using Outlook 2
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
M Repeated password prompts Using Outlook 1
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
U Microsoft Office Outlook Connector repeated password requests Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky How to Change the Font used for Outlook's RSS Feeds Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Remove RSS Support from Outlook Using Outlook 0
norbertlars Outlook 2016 - rss Using Outlook 3
N Going Forward: Using Outlook 2016 for RSS Feeds Using Outlook 2
O How to delete duplicate RSS messages? Using Outlook 6
Horsepower Duplicate RSS feeds Using Outlook 5
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
Flavia Lovell Can Not Subscribing the RSS Feed of Elance Jobs Using Outlook 3
V Exporting RSS Feed to OPML file Using Outlook 8
Jennifer Murphy Sync RSS feed message after Safe Mode Using Outlook 3
Jay Freedman RSS feeds don't get any messages Using Outlook 4
Commodore Deleting folders or feeds when deleting from default RSS Feeds structure? Using Outlook 7
Commodore Importing RSS on another computer (and feed locations) Using Outlook 8
Commodore Why some RSS feeds stop getting updates? Using Outlook 12
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
billzant RSS feeds and google Using Outlook 2
F Outlook Re-Downloading RSS Feed Posts Days Later Using Outlook 3
IGWright Outlook 2010 RSS Feed Folder Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
T Permanent Removal of RSS feeds folder amd Search folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 10
Commodore RSS feeds from sites that require login Using Outlook 5
A RSS feed inbox "new item event"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D MailItem from an RSS feed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How to add RSS feeds for Microsoft Newsgroups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
M using excel to sort outlook appointment items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Changing the Deleted Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
D Autosort macro for items in a view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Outlook not saving Sent Items Using Outlook 4
G Retention Policy for Outlook.com Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 0
M Outlook on 3 Computers Shows Different Total Items on Same Account Using Outlook 3
B oContacts.Items.Restrict Misses Some Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3