outlook pst files

Status
Not open for further replies.

fausto

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Hi at all!
I'm new registered at this site...I would ask you some advices about this issue: in outlook 2007 when I try to open personal folders in a hotmail account,suddenly a message appears :"cannot expand folders.Outlook.ost file is not a offline folders.
I already tried all..programs,backups,but I cannot locate files .pst; probably damaged...I also changed options choosing hidden folders.
gimme advices
thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
outlook.ost is the data file that the hotmail account uses, it's in the local appdata microsoft\outlook folder and only the account that created it can use it.

Do you have any other accounts or data files in your profile?

in Tools, account settings, switch to the Data files tab and select the hotmail account's data file. Click ' open folder location' button and it will open the outlook folder where the data fil should be. You can try closing outlook, deleting the file, and then restarting outlook or remove the account from your profile and add it back.

fausto

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
outlook.ost is the data file that the hotmail account uses, it's in the local appdata microsoft\outlook folder and only the account that created it can use it.

Do you have any other accounts or data files in your profile?

in Tools, account settings, switch to the Data files tab and select the hotmail account's data file. Click ' open folder location' button and it will open the outlook folder where the data fil should be. You can try closing outlook, deleting the file, and then restarting outlook or remove the account from your profile and add it back.
Dear Diane Poremsky,many thanks for reply to thread. I'm sorry to tell you that the open folder location button is not available by click.If I want to restore or find any .pst files is impossible to see the path in account settings - data files...is completely unavailable....
I have tried to change profile,canceled that as default , but once I opened outlook the message has reappeared.
Can you give me any advice.....?I am truly thinking at reinstallation of office if it can give a possibility....

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's possible that Connector accounts don't have the Open folder button - I'm on the road and can't check in a virtual machine.

the folder path is a hidden file - if you try browsing to it, you won't find it. If you use Windows 7 or 8 (or Vista), you can type or paste %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook in the address bar of windows explorer and press Enter to open the folder where the ost is.

You can either delete the ost or delete the account from Outlook and add it back.

fausto

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
It's possible that Connector accounts don't have the Open folder button - I'm on the road and can't check in a virtual machine.

the folder path is a hidden file - if you try browsing to it, you won't find it. If you use Windows 7 or 8 (or Vista), you can type or paste %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook in the address bar of windows explorer and press Enter to open the folder where the ost is.

You can either delete the ost or delete the account from Outlook and add it back.
Dear Diane Poremssky, I have windows xp as O.S. and I already tried to delete accounts and add them back, no way....

Status
Not open for further replies.