Default calendar and IMAP

Dexter22

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I have been trying to find a solution to this and believe it it out there but cannot seem to locate the answer. I have both a POP account and IMAP account (Google) in my Outlook. IMAP is my business use and POP is my personal use. Each has its own calendar. I am using gsync to synchronize my IMAP calendar, tasks and contacts.

I am experiencing the following problems:

1) When I receive an appointment request in outlook for outlook (sent to my work email), it is creating an entry BOTH in my IMAP calendar and my personal POP calendar. I just want it to go to the calendar of my IMAP account.

2) When I create an appointment in my IMAP/work calendar, and invite people, I get a message that responses will NOT be tallied because it is not in my default calendar. Hence, I cannot keep track of the responses.

I tried to set the IMAP calendar to be my default but Outlook will only allow my personal POP account calendar to the default.

I have found multiple answers that say that IMAP cannot be the default. Therefore, I am asking the forum the following:

1) Can I set the IMPA to be my default calendar?
2) If I cannot, how do other people use Outlook for both a personal and business calendar without invitations being created in both calendars?

Help?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Correct, imap can't be default when you use Outlook 2010 or older. Are you using the Google sync utility (available with the google apps account)? I don't think there is any good way to avoid duplicates when a utility is syncing two calendars, unless the utility is moving the appointments, not copying them.

Most people don't use google for business accounts - if they have an exchange account, it doesn't create copies of the appointment. If they use pop3 or other imap accounts, the appointments don't sync with anything.