Status
Not open for further replies.

Bheemasena

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

I have had a very strange problem.

I have entered Username of a User1. [User1@abc.co.jp] in To field.
after pressing Ctrl+K, the address changed to user2@gol.com and mail was sent.

I have noticed this and sent apology mail to user2@gol.com. Now I need to find a way
how can I avoid this. I always sent mail to User1@abc.co,jp using Username.

Now I need to send report to manager why the error occured.
How can I stop this.

Since I don't know how username of User1 changed to user2@gol.com after pressing Ctrl+K, which is not in our domain.

Need inputs to satisfy management team.

Kind regards
Bheem

It looks like that at some point, the abc address resolved to gol - or the autocomplete cache is corrupt. Was the message sent to the gol address or was it just the display name, with the abc address 'under' it? To be safe, I would probably clear the autocomplete cache - or you could use an NK2 editor and look at the cache to see how that address is in it and edit the clear the cache or clear the bad address.

NK2 editor: http://nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html

Hi Diane,
Thank you. Mail was went to gol address who is not in my personal address book and I am not sure how it went.
What are the reasons for autocomplete cache to go corrupt?
Once "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is unchecked, cache get cleared?

Is there any way to check how the address of user2@gol.com come in autocomplete cache.

My manager is tough, he need proof to show him it is not my mistake. I do understand him
as he is responsible for not to repeat the same mistake not only by me but also from any of my team.

Thank you
Bheem

There is no way to know how it got into your cache or when. You can delete just that address from the cache by starting to type it then select it using the arrow keys when it comes up, and hit Del on the keyboard. To empty the entire cache and start over with an empty cache, either delete the NK2 file (at %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ) or go to Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options and deselect the option to suggest names near the bottom of the dialog. Click Apply /OK then enable the option again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
J How to filter by address fragment (e.g. "@domain.com") with advanced find? Using Outlook 2
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
L Unable to Use Alias as From Address Using Outlook 2
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
whizzard Change FROM address based on TO or CC address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Outlook FROM ADDRESS -Outlook.com and Android Using Outlook 1
O What would be the recommended way to change an email address (family member)? Using Outlook 0
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
O Same email address, same person, names in so many ways Using Outlook 4
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
D Outlook Address Book Using Outlook 0
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
B Change from Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Renaming Address Book Using Outlook 3
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
O Address list - company and non-company ? Using Outlook 0
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Email not going to address displayed Using Outlook 4
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Exporting IM Address field Using Outlook 2
R outlook address book search broken Using Outlook 2
M Screen Scrape Sender IP Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
N Outlook 2016 Address Book lookup Using Outlook 9