Outlook 2007 IMAP Account Rules Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Good afternoon all,

A user is having issues with their IMAP Account on Outlook 2007. I have recently swapped them over from POP3 to IMAP, which was successful with no issues. However, recently her rules have stopped running automatically, sometimes working very rarely of which only one or two will work. Also when she logs into her profile in the morning, the rules are sometimes not there and she has to create them again.

As far as I am aware she has not hit the 32k limit, but we would like to get this issue resolved.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Matt

Forum Admin

The 32k limit does not apply to IMAP accounts, only Exchange server accounts. Rules won't work on imap messages if you only download headers and they can be buggy with full messages because imap gets they header first. You'll have the most problems with rules when outlook is downloading a lot of messages.

I'm not sure why the rules would disappear - they are stored in the pst file where the default calendar and contacts are. Does she use that pst with other profiles? That could affect it.

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Good morning,

Thank you for replying.

The user does have another account that is required, so do both the accounts share the same pst file, or do they have one each?
Apologies for the questions, I am new to IMAP.

Thank you.

Matt

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
IMAP has its own data file but the rules are stored in the default data file, which would be the companion pst file. If that pst is used in other profiles (either by moving it back and forth between computers or in another profile on the same computer), the rules for this profile could be damaged.

if the other account is in the same profile with this account, then its not a problem.

A profile contains all the accounts that are available when you open outlook. If you close outlook and reopen it to access a different set of email addresses, they are in a different profile. It's commonly used by people who want to keep business and personal mail separate, or people who needed to access 2 exchange accounts in Outlook 2007 and older.

Status
Not open for further replies.