Offline folders password forgotten

anothersite

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
How do I get Outlook to stop asking for the password for the "offline folders?"

Apparently, I set a password for some of my "offline folders." I do not recall doing this, so needless to say I have forgotten the password. I can recover the information in the "offline folders" from an OST file to a PST file. (I am not happy about paying for the privilege. Oh well.) From the PST file, I can access the data without typing the password. Which leaves the problem: How do I get Outlook to stop asking for the password for the "offline folders?"

Is there an equivalent to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\%name_of_profile%\13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a\001f6610 for Outlook 2003 in Windows 7 Professional?

Thanks

Forum Admin

Is it asking for the password for the folders or for the email account? Typically, the password for offline folders is your account password. If the account is no longer valid and it opens in outlook, export the contents to a pst file and remove the account from your profile.

if it is a pst file - use a password recovery tool (these are free).

anothersite

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks for your suggestions. I have the password for the email account. Outlook is asking for the password for the Offline folders.

Screenshot 1 shows the popup when Outlook starts. Sometimes, Outlook becomes not responsive.

Screenshot 2 shows the offline folders that are the problem.

Screenshot 3 shows the popup when offline folders are clicked on if Outlook manages to start up.

I have a copy of the files in offline folders that I can get from an OST file. I need the errors to go away.

Thanks again.

Attachments