Sending and receiving emails in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Voller

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
About a month ago Outlook 2003 stopped sending and receiving emails from my laptop.

I am able to access emails through Yahoo via my BT (UK) email address - this same address is the one I use in Outlook. The problem seems to be with Outlook rather than my email address. The emails I send through Yahoo are showing my current Outlook address. I am also getting a window on the Outlook email page asking me to enter my user name and password which I have done many times.

The first indication I had that there was a problem was the downloading of ancient emails multiple times.
I checked the 'save copy on server' box was unchecked - which it was and managed eventually to delete over 48,000 emails. These are no longer being downloaded when I go in to Outlook to see if I can get it working again. The calendar facility in Outlook is working perfectly.

Are you able to suggest anything to help with this frustrating problem.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is the account configured as imap or pop3? Are you using two factor authentication in yahoo? This is where you get a code sent to your phone and need to enter it to log in. Outlook can't do that and needs a special app password.

Status
Not open for further replies.