IMAP & Outlook 2007: incoming messages still going to old Inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Briggs

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
I have just moved from POP3 to IMAP, My old Outlook folders are still there and the main ones cannot be deleted, or can they?

My incoming messages are still going into my old Inbox and some, not all, are going into my IMAP Inbox. How do I fix this.

Diane Poremsky

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, the old folders cannot be deleted. When you use an imap account in outlook, you need a pst file for calendar, contacts, and tasks. If the old email account is still in Outlook, it can be removed - Tools, Account Settings, Email account. (Removing the pop account won't remove the data file. )

Rob Briggs

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks Diane, what about the second part of the question, all incoming emails are going into my old Inbox but only some find their way into the IMAP inbox. What causes this and how can I ensure everything gets into the IMAP inbox?

Many thanks

Rob

Diane Poremsky

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Everything should be in both unless the pop account is deleting them from the server - and once you delete the pop account from Tools, Account Settings, Email, it should fix the problem.

If not, are you reading the mail with a smartphone or other device? Are you using a view that hides read messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.