'removing' an e-mail folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Horne

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
When I moved from Outlook 2007 (on my old computer) to Outlook 2013 (on my new computer) I wound up with three sets of folders ... Personal Folders, one for me displaying my e-mail address, and one for my wife displaying her e-mail address.

I 'changed' the location of my In Box to the Personal Folder to reduce the clutter in the Folder Pane.

If I right click on my 'old' folder (the one displaying my e-mail address with a set of folders I no longer use), I see an option to Close that set of folders which is marked with a red X. If I were to Close that, would that just be a way to further reduce the clutter of folders in the Folder Pane? Could I get that set of folders back if I wished?

What's the thinking behind that 'Remove ... and the red X' ? Thanks, Dave Horne

Yes, it will work just as you suspect - closing a pst file will remove it from the profile but it will remain on the hard drive.

If you moved all of the mail (and contacts or appointments, if any) to the personal folders, you can delete it from the hard drive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Outlook 2007 - How to remove account without removing mail folders? Using Outlook 4
P Removing expired e-mail addresses Using Outlook 2
D Question on removing an alias Using Outlook 1
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
R Outlook is NOT removing attachments. Using Outlook 4
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to paste website content using a specific font and removing URLs Using Outlook 2
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
A Removing illegal characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Wrong display name in from column when removing pf replication Exchange Server Administration 1
S Removing an Exchange Server account, retaining POP accounts Exchange Server Administration 1
D Removing Pop3 accounts on mulitple computers Using Outlook 3
K Removing outlines from outlook calendar Using Outlook 1
R What to backup before removing Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
V Outlook problem after removing avast Using Outlook 1
D Removing multiple Exchange 2007 servers on the same Domain and site Exchange Server Administration 1
S Removing myself as delegate from someone else's calendar Using Outlook 1
T Removing time zone setting from an appointment / meeting: is it possible? Using Outlook 2
C removing "Microsoft "End-User License Agreement" window BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Removing "Research" menu item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H removing attachments... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Limited Support for 3rd Party Mail in new Outlook? Using Outlook 1
T Exchange Server - Mail Delay Stamping Exchange Server Administration 0
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Macro Mail Alert Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Mail rule issue Using Outlook 3
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2003 Mail Fails Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
lcarpay Stay in the mail folder pane after ctrl-1 Using Outlook 1