Error installing BCM: requires outlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Got a brand new PC, and as I trying to install BCM, I keep on receiving this error ”business contact manager requires that outlook is installed on the computer". Any insights?
I'm using the 32 bit BCM on a 32 bit Office. If I run the installer when outlook is running, I get the msg that office needs to be closed.

Extract the Setup files - when the error comes up, copy the setup files from the %temp% folder to downloads then try to install it using the setup file directly.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm having another issue as well, could be its far more then just my Outlook.
I have used on my home & previous work PC, the onVoip "Corporate Telephony Toolbar" and it worked perfectly (at least 95% of the time). Now with my new PC (HP, Win 7 Pro, 8gb/i7), as i install this toolbar, Outlook crashes right at startup. I can'e even re-enable the add-on, and even after re-installing, i still have the same issues

simonbratt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Does anyone have an answer to this, im am having this issue on some PCs and not others.

thanks

simonbratt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Hi Thanks for the reply.
Yes all patched up, no previous BCM installed.
Worked fine on two laptops, fails to install on two PCs (same error as above)
Download was from
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36513

32bit windows and 32bit office 2010 (tried home and office, and pro versions of office)
Also tried full uninstall of office (inc manual reg removals as per MS directions) and reinstall.
Made sure SQL wasnt installed, still failed, then tried installing SQL express, but that didnt make any difference.
Tried BCM install after fresh reboots, same error.
”business contact manager requires that outlook is installed on the computer"
Cant find any solution on the net, which is unusual.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Was the computer upgraded top windows 10?
Are you having any other errors with any office products?

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
No, we only use windows 7 pro, no other office errors, we have been using office 2010 perfectly fine for years.
Even on new installs of office and new installs of windows 7 pro (all patched up), its happened.
We use outlook 2010 (part of office) on all our PCs.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I am an IT guy, so i've checked lots of things like event viewer for errors, cleared temp folders, moved the BCM install to its own empty folder before install, for the life of me i dont know whats making it fail.

Simon SS

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Has anybody managed to resolve this issue? We have the same problem, on two different machines, one running Windows 8.1 and Office 2010 (without BCM installed)(upgrading to Windows 2010 has not solved the problem), and one running Windows 10 with Office 2007 (with 2007 BCM installed). Have tried lots of different things, but not been able to work out why it will not install. Thanks for any ideas.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you know which office suite you have installed? Do you have a previous version of Office installed?

Anything useful in the BCM setup log? It's at
%temp%\BCMSetupWizardtmp##.log