Not open for further replies.

Mel-4-short

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,
I am trying to test whether or not:
If the field "Invoice" (i have an option button bound to it) is empty AND the TO: field is not equal to an address, then display error. Here's the latest code I've tried:

IIf(([To]<>"mailaddress") AND ([invoice]<>"")) OR (([to]<>"mailaddress")AND([Invoice]<>"")))

I've tried numerous ways without parenthesis, etc., but no luck. Is this even possible?
Thanks so much!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh. It might be the double negative. If To does not = address1 OR it does not = address2, it's always going to pass, as one is always going to be true. (Plus, it might fail if there is more than one address in the to field. )

This seemed to work here (i didn't have an invoice field to check :)) but then I remembered the double negatives. I am getting messages marked true.
IIf(([To]="address1" Or [To]= "address2") And [Last Verb Exec Type]="102","True","False")

This also seems to work, but i don't have a good test set so i could be wrong on the address expression.
IIf(([To]="address1" Or "address2") And [Last Verb Exec Type]="102","True","False")

If you need to use <> , try using 3 iif's
IIf( invoice = "", IIf(if to <> address1, "is true", iif(to <> address2, "is true", "is false"))

Mel-4-short

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I think I should have explained what I was doing better.
-I would like to have person 1, send an invoice approval form with an attachment to person 2. (Acctspay person)
-Person 2 approves (Click yes to pay & click yes to close PO).
-Person 2 forwards the form back to person 1 with their approvals (I need to validate and make sure 2 fields are not empty.)
-Person 1 forwards the form to person 3 with the approvals, the final resting place.

Issues I'm having:

I can use the easy validation method but when person 1 sends the form, it validates those fields and we don't want that quite yet. ONLY if the form is being sent to 1 of 2 addresses.

My workaround for that is I creating another form where the only change from a message form is that I called my Invoice Approval form on the forward action. The validation works beautifully, however, anything person 1 or 2 puts in the message field is not saved after forwarding (I'm assuming because it keeps calling a new Invoice Approval form).

My next thought is to go back to using 1 form, and trying to using a formula for my validation instead of just testing if it's empty.

So, I'd like to use the formua and 1 form. The formula I tried doesn't error but doesn't work either.

:) I so appreciate you and your help. Thank you!
-Mel
[DOUBLEPOST=1418135543][/DOUBLEPOST]IIf(([To]="mailaddress" Or "mailaddress") And [invoice]<>"")

The logic here seems correct, but doesn't seem to work...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think you'll need to use 1 form and a formula. Unless you also pull in the message body field when you create the invoice form.

Status
Not open for further replies.