Cannot start MS Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menauhant

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I get the following message when I try to open Outlook 2007: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tools see Help.

I ran Scanpst.exe and got a message that there were minor or minimal errors and that it was my option whether or not to run the scan. I ran the scan. Tried opening Outlook again and got the same message. Then I bought some 3rd party SW and ran that on my .pst file. Was now able to review all my folders and messages and save as a new .pst file. Tried to open this new file and got the same message. Next I copied the .pst file on a flash drive and tried it in another PC with Outlook, it opened without any issues. After that I decided to remove MS Office 2007 that includes Outlook from my PC. Then ran a virus check using Norton Security Suite it updated all definitions and ran results were no virus found. Next reloaded a clean copy of MS Office 2007 and tried to open Outlook and got the same message again.

Going forward I plan on removing all .pst files from my PC, and then trying to open Outlook. If I get the same message, I then plan on removing MS Office again, reboot and reload MS Office and hopefully Outlook will now open since there are no .pst files available. If that works I will then make a new .pst file from my other PC and try to import it onto my PC.

Any help will be truly appreciated my OS is Win-7

Menauhant

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Thank you removed my profile and immediately was able to open Outlook. Went to 2nd PC created new backup pst file from outlook and imported it into the PC that I had the original problem on. I am glad I asked thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.