Button in body of email to approve/reject with original text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm looking for a slight variation of what is already posted, if you can lead me in the right direction or to the solution, I would appreciate it.

I would like to create a button in the body of the email template that would allow users to approve a scenario with comments or reject a scenario with comments AS WELL AS include the original text of the email.

I am not satisfied with the voting buttons. This will only go to 1 (2 people max) I'm worried if the original sent mail accidentally gets deleted, my approvals/rejections will be deleted as I will be using this template in a shared mailbox.

Any suggestions on how I can acheive this without using voting buttons? It's important that I receive something confirming the words APPROVE/REJECT for audit purposes so cannot rely on a simple email response.

The problem with including buttons in the body is that Outlook doesn't support active content in Email... you'd need to use a custom form and a control button - but that only works well if the form is published to an Exchange organizational forms library. If you just need a message that says 'approved' or 'rejected', you could use a mailto link - using the relevant information (Subject: "Rejected: Thing that was rejected") to create the link would require scripting. (Mailto links can include subject and body text.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
O Replace hard returns with soft returns on selected text and button to QAT Using Outlook 5
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2013 Macros only run in VB editor, not in drop down or button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
Witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3
N Which Button Was Clicked on the Ribbonbar Menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 2
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
Witzker Outlook 2010 Insert Date & Time at the button of an OL contactform in red Using Outlook 2
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
J Command Button to stamp a date and time in a textbox in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A ScanPST finding errors but no Repair button Using Outlook 2
N Creating a button or link to a form in the Organizational Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Execute Add-In Button from VBA Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Command Button code will not execute. Any suggestions Please. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Reminder Dialog Open Button Using Outlook 2
Wayne Dardis Calling Ribbon Button in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Tanja Östrand Outlook 2016 - Create Macro button to add text in Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Categorize Button in Quick Access Toolbar Disappears on New Email Using Outlook 1
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Button to change subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Shortcut/button to a Calendar Group Using Outlook 0
soadfan Enable all rules from toolbar button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Creating meeting invite with disabled tentative button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky Contacts are missing when you click the To button Using Outlook 0
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
makinmyway ScanPST.exe Missing Repair Button Using Outlook 15
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
J Send and Receive Button - only check default account? Using Outlook 1
A custom send button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Possibility to create a calendar button "remaining week"??? Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2007: Problem with "Move to Folder >" button on toolbar Using Outlook 6