Contact address disappears when opened to edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Belej

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I normally display my contacts in "card view" rather than "list" or "business card" view. When I'm looking at contacts I can see their addresses on the card. But when I double-click the card to edit there is NO address data present in any field (business, home or other). This does not happen to all contacts just to some and I haven't been able to figure out if there is a common denominator to this issue. Anyone see this before?

Andy Belej

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane,
Yes, this is with an Exchange Server 2010 account and using Outlook 2010.
Yes, sync with a device (BB)
Tried "all fields" button but it doesn't show any addresses there. Both business and home addresses are blank there as well.

Andy Belej

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane,

As a follow-up to this issue, I remember having a similar problem with a mail merge. One of my contacts home addresses changed recently. I updated the address and thought nothing more of it. Later, when I was creating a mail-merge it pulled the OLD address that I had recently changed. When I looked at the contact I had a similar but different issue than described above. The "business card" view displayed the old address while the "open-for-editing" contact showed the new address. At the time I was using Outlook 2007 and I found a fix online which was to upgrade to Outlook 2010 and then view the contacts in "list view mode". The "list view mode" somehow updated the addresses to be the same.

So my question, or statement, is where does Outlook keep this information. It apparently stores this in some other location. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the mail merge issue.

Any thoughts?

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
It's stored only in the contact. It's possible the view was corrupt.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Well, the contact information is stored in the data file - old address information can be in autocomplete, but AFAIK, physical address information is not. Corrupt view is one possibility. If you made the edits on a different computer, it's possible the cache hadn't updated yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.