getting custom form to load category colors

William

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi all

ive built a custom form for making appointments. The form is working great when making appointments and sets the appointment type using categorys fine displaying the the appointment is colored correctly within the outlook calendar view.

when i go back and open the appointment via the form in read mode, im unable to get the category field to display the color to the category set within outlook any ideas.

Thanks

William

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi Diane

yes i have two separate pages a compose and a read. The compose page only difference is it has a drop down list for the type of categorys the use can select where the read pain just displays the name of the category. all im trying to do is make the category filed display the category color, pretty much like the standard outlook appointment form does.

im using outlook 2010 at present with O365 e1 accounts.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The category control is added to the read page? Or are you using a custom field to display the category name? The category control is a custom control - right click on Control toolbox, choose Custom controls and find Microsoft Outlook Category Control (i think that is the correct name).

E1 will support full categories display - IMAP and possibly Outlook.com will sometimes only show the names.

William

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
i had custom field that is displaying the category name

your were correct by adding the control, it was an easy fix

Many Thanks