Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

I am using Outlook 2010 and started to get the 0x800CC92 error, I am 1005 sure that the login information, password, and server stetting are correct. I can receive emails but I can't send any emails. I am using POP3 which works but the SMTP does not work.

I have tried the following to fix the problem:

Safemode
Registry Edit
Deactivated all Add-Ins in Outlook
Deactivated Firewall
Deactivated Anti Virus
Scan Pst, had a few mistakes (238 our of 19,xxx)
Created a New Outlook Profile

Any suggestions as to try next or how I can fix this problem? I need to use this email address, other accounts in outlook send and receive fine, but the GMX account does not, I have been using this email address for over 18 years, I reply on it working for personal and business matters.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Did you verify the outgoing authentication was set correctly - File, Account Settings, double click on the account then More Settings, Outlook server tab. Is the port correct on the advanced tab?

According to https://help.gmx.com/en/applications/pop3.html you need to use outgoing authentication and port 587/TLS or Auto.

Henrik

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane, thank you for your reply. I have been suing Outlook for many years with the same setup and GMX account, starting January 27th I got the popup to enter the password, I have not changed anything and no Windows updated have been installed at that time.

The SMTP server setup is correct, i checked it many times and tried other ports as well. I have it on port 587 and TLS. I am using outgoing authentication with the same login as incoming.

I tried to same setup for IMAP, same result for the SMTP server.

I set it up in Thunderbird, no problem at all, so it must be an Outlook problem. I saw your post that it might be a registry issue than, I tried setting up of a new mail profile which I did and I also did the registry edit, which did nothing.

My PST file is almost 10GB, could that be a problem? But when I did the setup for IMPA I used a new PST file and still got the same problem.

Thank you for your help. I really want to use Outlook as it use for many year and for my business, everyone knows the GMX address so I would like to keep using it.

Henrik

Status
Not open for further replies.