Status
Not open for further replies.

wallisellener

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear all

I'm struggling again with another authentication issue.
A couple of weeks ago I successfully configured BCM on a Windows 7 Station and today I performed the exact same steps. Not sure why but today I can't find a solution for this authentication issue.

Steps performed:
- BCM 32bit installed
- DB released for this user (using the local Windows Administrator user )
- connectivity test performed:
osql -E -S host\BCMDatabase,port ->> "Login failed. The Login is from an unstrusted Domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication"

What could be the cause?

Cheers
W

Attachments

• BCM_ERROR_2015.jpg
    BCM_ERROR_2015.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 627
BCM shouldn't care about domains, but SQL will. Is the computer and sql host on the same domain? Were the previous ones on the same domain?

You need use (or set up SQL to use) SQL authentication, not windows auth.

The Computer and the SQL host are not on the same Domain.
But like previously mentioned, a couple of weeks ago I successfully configured another PC and no issues appeared.
The SQL Authentication was configured using the SQL Mgmt Studio.

it's trying to pass windows auth credentials for some reason but I don't know why, since it worked before. How did you add the user account to the sql host? Is it configured identical to the one you set up a couple of weeks ago.

There is an Outlook authentication in place (Domain\user) and a Windows local authentication (.\localPCadmin).
The PC is not a Domain member.
First I added the Outlook User via MSSQL Server Management Studio-> Security -> Logins -> New Login -> search user -> Domain\user
And using the DB Tool I shared the BCM Database by adding the local PC Windows Account (local PC Administrator account and PW).

And another issue just appeared: aprox a month ago I've configured BCM for an user.
The configuration went incredibly well (no issues appeared).
Yesterday BCM crashed (it happens from time to time) and the addon was deactivated.
When trying to reactivate the addon and performing the configuration I bumped again into the above mentioned "Login failed" issue.
On the Server side nothing was changed.
On the Client side most probably Windows updates were installed but what could be the culprit of this authentication issue?
Any ideas/Workarounds ?
Most probably I will test and redo the configuration from scratch because I can't identify the root cause.
Back to the test lab ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Clear one category when another is chosen Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to transfer things from one calendar to another Using Outlook 2
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
R "Can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder." Using Outlook 6
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
CWM030 Another Quarantine question Exchange Server Administration 0
D Any updates or fixes that would make this code stop working just moving emails to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B Moving account, contacts & emails to another H/D with MSOutlook Using Outlook 5
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M FW Email via Outlook and another requirement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA Using Outlook 0
D Unable to Send On Behalf of Another User Exchange Server Administration 0
D EXPORTING MS EXCHANGE EMAILS to another platform Exchange Server Administration 10
mrmmickle1 UserProperties VBA to move message to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Office 365 manage another person's calendar Using Outlook 0
TheDavidSlight Daylight savings - another subtle bug ... Using Outlook 3
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2013 how to convert 2013 OST file into an another format, i m using outlook 2013 versions. Using Outlook 1
C Custom Application Form send Email to Another User Using Outlook 1
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Calling one module from another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How to duplicate content of one field in another field? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
iwshim Transfering mail from the outbox to another computer Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2010 Replicating mixed PST/OST profile to another desktop Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Macro for replying to One Email with another Using Outlook 1
mikecox Forward email to another address; not with Rules Using Outlook 3
T Macro to find contacts by category and copy them to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
I How to block time in another calendar without invite? Using Outlook 2
Paul Butticaz Copying Contacts from SharePoint List (connected to Outlook) to another Conacts folder Using Outlook 1
P Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window Using Outlook 8