Outlook 2010 sent emails vanish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tottencourt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
After a recent Windows update, the items in my Sent folder would not sync to my phone. They were visible in my Sent folder in Outlook on my PC, but did not show up on the email server online. Now - a week later and after a second Windows update - the items in my Sent folder in Outlook on my PC vanish after a few seconds, but oddly, they do show up on the email server online! They still do not sync to my phone.

I am running Windows 7 Professional, Outlook 2010, AT&T email account, IMAP, Android phone. I have already tried deleting the email account and reestablishing it to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.

Tottencourt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Update: I just noticed that I had 2 emails in my Sent folder - both of which had a file size of zero KB. As soon as I accessed the folder to look at them, they disappeared, and I got the following error message:

The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.

Tottencourt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Another update: I copied myself on a message I sent, then moved the message from my Inbox to my Sent folder, and it stays put that way. Any ideas what's going on?

Tottencourt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Now I just tried moving an email message from my Inbox to one of its subfolders, and I got the following error:
upload_2015-3-6_14-26-37.png

I could really use some help here.

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
A 0kb message indicates a problem syncing, confirming the error message. ;-)

Have you tried deleting the imap data file and letting outlook rebuild it? (Any mail not synced to the server will be lost.) That may fix the problem.

Check the Sync issues folder and see if it reports a problem in a specific folder. If you only get the error on a specific folder, move all of the mail in that folder to a pst. Do you still get the error? Copy the messages back (copy, not move, so you don't lose the mail). If the error comes back, you're going to have to test and see what particular email is causing the problem.

Tottencourt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Yes, I tried deleting the imap data file. Outlook cannot rebuild it automatically. I have to manually configure the server settings for it to work, and the problem remained.

When I press Ctrl+6, the sync issues folder only shows up for my live.com account which I use with Outlook Connector to sync my calendar and contacts. (I'm also having issues with calendar sync.) I can't find a sync issues folder for my sbcglobal email account in Outlook. Should one exist? If so, how can I find it.

Tottencourt

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Well, after struggling to fix this issue for days, my sent emails just magically reappeared in my Sent folder in Outlook. Go figure. I guess someone realized there was a problem and too care of it. Hopefully they're back to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.