Grouping emails using "From" causes a None Category

Anita Evans

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a user who likes to group emails by from. However, when doing so, two groups are created: None and the User's Name. I'm not sure why None is showing up because when I look at the individual emails, the From is the same as the one under the user's name. How can "none" be the right category? Would sending on behalf cause this? There is no indication on the email that it was on behalf of the user from that I could see on the screen.

We are using: Windows 7, Outlook 2010 and the Outlook mailbox is synced with an iPhone.

Thanks so much! Anita Evans, Technical Trainer, Foster Pepper

Attachments

Anita Evans

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Could those be messages you sent?
Hi Diane! Thanks so much for responding so quickly.
Well both groups: "None" and "User Name" are from him, so not sure why they are not coming together as one group.
The user has two places in the Inbox where his email is grouping when using the "From" -- his own name and "none." What would I or could I look at in those messages to see what Outlook sees as a none category, when clearly the email is from him?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's not adding the From account on sent items from some reason - it happens occasionally with imap accounts. It doesn't affect anything but the From field appears blank.

Anita Evans

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
It's not adding the From account on sent items from some reason - it happens occasionally with imap accounts. It doesn't affect anything but the From field appears blank.
Hi Diane!

So, the user is asking me now if there is a solution to this issue. Would it happen because he's using Reply All or Forwarding an email?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm not aware of a way to fix it as those fields are read only. If only messages that were reply all or forwarded are affected, then yes, it's a factor, but I don't think it makes a difference. Sending from different devices could be the cause.