Backing Up My .pst File

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I'm going to need to do a clean re-install of my Win 7 OS. I am wanting to save my Outlook Profile on external HD so I can populate Outlook 2010 with it once I reinstall. I have already saved my Outlook folder containing my profiles to the HD, but do I need to save my contact list separately? It appears my contacts are not within Outlook, but in Outlook via iCloud. Can they be backed up as is, or do they need to be in Outlook a different way? Here are some screenshots of my contacts in Outlook:

Outlook Contacts 1.png

As you can see, in MY CONTACTS under CONTACTS, I have none.
Outlook Contacts 2.png

In SUGGESTED CONTACTS under CONTACTS, I have contact cards, but they are out of date.

Under iCloud, all of my contacts are present and up to date.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If they are under icloud, they don't need to be backed up - they'll sync when you reconnect to the icloud. If you want to back them up, sign out of icloud and let icloud make a local copy. icloud will export them to a pst file.

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I am assuming you mean sign out of iCloud on the PC I use Outlook. If so, will the .pst for the contacts be created automatically and where will it be located so I can copy it to my ext HD?

Also, how about my account .pst?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Correct, sign out on your pc. I've had two different experiences - the first created a pst with calendar, contacts and tasks - the second time it created the folders (named Contacts in iCloud, Calendar in iCloud) in my default data file.

Sign out, let it do it's thing then reopen outlook. Look for the Right click on the top level folder (usually named for your email address) and choose open file location. If it created a separate pst for icloud backup, right click on it's top level folder and choose open file location. Then close outlook and copy the file(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.