Missing Categories & Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathleen Paton

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I'm using Outlook 2013 32-bit on a single computer. Yesterday all the categories and colors were present. I re-booted this morning and they are gone.

When I click on "Categorize, All Categories", there are none.

I use NEO (Nelson Email Organizer) add-in to Outlook. Years ago, before using NEO, I also lost all categories, so I don't believe NEO is related.

Is there a method of restoring them?
Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'd probably start with another reboot. I believe that was the fix someone else used under similar circumstances - otherwise, unless you have a backup pst containing the categories, the best you can do is use the command to upgrade to color categories.

Kathleen Paton

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks for your quick reply. But, that didn't work. I'll restore last night's backup. Stupidly, I downloaded 12 emails this morning, so I'll send those to myself and take them into Outlook after restoring. I'll let you know the outcome.

Kathleen Paton

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
The backup didn't work. I saw a method of saving categories (which I didn't understand) - if this happens again. Do you know of one?

Kathleen Paton

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I'm sorry it did work, but not the first time which is when I replied. I was rushing & must not have completed the process. That night, I tried it again and it did work!
Thanks you so much for your help - you saved me so much time when I really needed to save time.

Status
Not open for further replies.