Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient

Ellis

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a way to include a Reminder/Flag in an email , but only so one recipient gets the reminder/flag.

I have tried a few rules to make this happen but it seems everybody in the To/CC fields get them - is there a way to make it that so only the CC/BCC recipient gets a Flag/Reminder as part of the email?

The idea is that a someone sends a message with a reply needed by a certain date, they CC or BCC their assistant and it has a Task/Reminder/Flag only for that assistant to follow up on the due date.

I have a choice of using Outlook 2010 or 2013, if there are any Plug-Ins or Toos that will allow this that anyone can suggest that would be great - does not matter what they cost!

Cheers

Ellis

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks for the heads up Michael, is there any way to automate a second message - with the reminder, after the original has been sent?

If that is possible, is there a way to have the automated message only send after selected emails, not all?

Thanks again

Michael Bauer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
It's possible for sure with a macro. Maybe Diane jumps in and has something ready-to-use.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I don't have anything specific - I have a macro that sends a copy of a message to others that could be tweaked.

The second macro shows how to do it automatically on send - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/no-attachments-to-cc-recipients/ - i'd change the if attachments line to the following (and remove the attachments filename part)
if item.cc = "assistant name" then

and change who the copy goes to and add the lines to set a reminder:
Code:
With objMsg
.CC = "assistant"
.Subject = Item.Subject
.HTMLBody = strFile & " Sent to: " & Item.To & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.HTMLBody
' due this week flag
.MarkAsTask olMarkThisWeek
' sets a specific due date
.TaskDueDate = Now + 3
.ReminderSet = True
.ReminderTime = Now + 2
.Send
End With
if other people are cc'd, you'll need to check the recipients collection to remove the assistant. If the assistant will be the only one cc'd, Item.CC = "" will keep her from getting 2 copies.