Is Outlook 2013 still connected to Skype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I remember a while ago Skype and Outlook were somehow "connected", so you could see the Skype contacts' "availability" color in Outlook's contacts (when you were running both applications). Is this still available in Outlook 2013 (I didn't notice anything in Contacts)? Or was it yet another experiment?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm not sure if you needed to have a Skype toolbar installed for that - the toolbar, i believe, is no longer available.

Actually, I don't think it was in contacts but in email - if you receive a message from a Skype contact, you'll see their status.

(I'd upload a picture but it looks like the upload button is broken. :( I'll add that to my growing to-do list... and i so wanted to split early today.)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
upload a file works in Chrome. :)

I forgot about contact cards... so yes, if it works, you'll see a colored bar in contact cards.

if the person is online, their availability is shown next to the name. In the contact cards, you'll see the big bar beside their picture or the placeholder; in an open contact form you'll see the little square in the email address field.

notify.png

Status
Not open for further replies.