Move from POP3 to IMAP Outlook 2007 (Comcast)

frandoer

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I followed Comcast’s instructions on how to use IMAP instead of POP3 in Outlook 2007. I now have two accounts (whatever that means) in Outlook and don’t know what to do next. The original account opens by default and I don’t know how to use the new account.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So the account is configured in outlook twice? Go to Tools, Account Settings. Select the POP3 account and delete it. This will remove the account but will keep the pst in the profile.

If you want outlook to start in the imap inbox, go to tools, options, other tab, advanced to choose the start up folder. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choose-outlook-startup-folder/ for more info and screenshots.

frandoer

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3

frandoer

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I deleted the pop3 account.
I can no longer send or receive email from my pc
I CAN send and receive from my ipad
When I set up the IMAP account I named it my email address
The new IMAP account name is my email address with (1) appended
Does it make sense to add a new IMAP account with a unique name?
Then delete the first IMAP account?
Other ideas?
Many thanks
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frandoer

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
You can change this: The new IMAP account name is my email address with (1) appended. Tools, Account Settings, double click on the account then More Settings - remove the (1) in there. Screenshots: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/rename-email-accounts-data-files-folder-list/

Do you get any send and receive error messages?
[DOUBLEPOST=1431566720][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can change this: The new IMAP account name is my email address with (1) appended. Tools, Account Settings, double click on the account then More Settings - remove the (1) in there. Screenshots: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/rename-email-accounts-data-files-folder-list/

Do you get any send and receive error messages?

frandoer

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
The imap account is working but i have 11 emails in my outbox that i'm unable to send. They seem to be related to my original pop3 account. clicking on send/receive does not work. get error message ox80048002.
I'd gladly settle for POP3. Comcast suggested deleting all accounts and starting over. I'm concerned that i will lose all email in outlook.
in addition, email that showed up my pc outlook would also appear on my iPad. That is no longer the case but now and then some email appears on both devices.
I should have simply stayed with POP3!!!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if you are using imap, this should not be happening:
in addition, email that showed up my pc outlook would also appear on my iPad.
You should definitely see the mail in both places with imap.

If the mail is in a pst, it won't be lost. If it's in an imap ost file, a copy is on the server. If you are really worried, export the imap data file before removing the account.