Address Book in Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyJim

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I recently "bit-the-bullet" and finally moved from Windows Live (nee Outlook Express) to Outlook 2013. I had some difficulty moving my seven (7) email accounts and all my stored emails over, but got it done.

Now I find two (2) "Groups" of Contacts in my Outlook Address Book...one is attached to some Hotmail account that I do not even use.

Question #1 is this: Can I "merge" the two Groups?

Question #2: When selecting the recipient of an email by using predictive text (ie; just typing name) what are the parameters that the Outlook Address book uses? I have difficulty "finding" my recipient...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
1. Yes. Drag the contacts from the Hotmail folder to the one you use. If you don't use the Hotmail account, you can remove it in File, Account Settings.

2. first letters of display name and first letters of email alias. Also, it's people you sent mail to previously.

JerseyJim

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
1. Yes. Drag the contacts from the Hotmail folder to the one you use. If you don't use the Hotmail account, you can remove it in File, Account Settings.

2. first letters of display name and first letters of email alias. Also, it's people you sent mail to previously.
What do you mean "drag" the contacts...there are many of them. Do not see how one can drag the them...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Click and drag to a different folder - it works with all of outlook's folders. The quantity doesn't matter, but you can do it one at a time or in smaller groups.

To drag several: Click the first contact, hold Shift and click on the last. Click and drag to the other contacts folder. Right click and drag if you want to copy instead of move.

JerseyJim

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Click and drag to a different folder - it works with all of outlook's folders. The quantity doesn't matter, but you can do it one at a time or in smaller groups.

To drag several: Click the first contact, hold Shift and click on the last. Click and drag to the other contacts folder. Right click and drag if you want to copy instead of move.
They are not in "Folders"...they are here (see uploaded JPEG).

Attachments

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That is the address book, the contacts are in the contacts folders. Click on the people icon to see the contacts folders (or use ctrl+3). If you just want to remove it from the address book list, right click on the Hotmail contacts folder and choose Properties then outlook address book tab and uncheck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.