Exporting contacts from 2010 to 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS Weir

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
When I export my Outlook 2010 address book as a CSV file and import it into either Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 the Display Name changes.
In my Outlook 2010 address book the display name is "First Last (email address)"
When imported and I open the address book the First & Last names are no longer there. I've tried this over and over again...but the result is always the same.
I have over 400 contacts so adding the First & Last names to the Display Name column is out of the question.
Why is this happening and what can I do to rectify the situation?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B BCM 2010: Exporting Notes to .CSV with Business Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M Error Messages when exporting Outlook 2010 Contacts to a CSV (DOS) or Excel Using Outlook 2
GregS Exporting contacts Using Outlook 1
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
T exporting contacts names reversed in CSV file Using Outlook 8
Commodore Exporting all contacts to VCF files possible? Using Outlook 4
C How to get SMTP out of email address when exporting contacts? Using Outlook 2
R Exporting and importing contacts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
O Carriage Return - Line Feeds - exporting Calendar events Using Outlook 0
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Exporting recovered Deleted Items outside the Inbox Using Outlook 1
N Exporting IM Address field Using Outlook 2
E Exporting email (.pst) Using Outlook 8
R Exporting Excel data to Outlook 2016 Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20
D EXPORTING MS EXCHANGE EMAILS to another platform Exchange Server Administration 10
Connie Boyer Exporting Outlook calendar/find next repeating meeting Using Outlook 3
A Exporting email in outlook 2013 with Office 365 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Fix the Outlook Folder Type after Exporting an IMAP Account Using Outlook 0
V Exporting RSS Feed to OPML file Using Outlook 8
D Reoccuring appointment issues when exporting Calendar to Excel Using Outlook 3
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
P Exporting group members from Outlook address group Using Outlook 11
C extra characters added to email when exporting Using Outlook 2
H Exporting Outlook Forms to Access or Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Outlook 2007 BCM Exporting Files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Automating Exporting to pst file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G exporting files from BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G exporting from BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Exporting reports to Excel gives wrong numbers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Error in values when exporting report to Excel BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7