linking an already sent/rec'd email to contact record like it did in 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I went from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2010.
In 2000 I could 'link' any contact I wanted to an email so that if an email went from Joe to Jane, but discussed Eric and Eric was NOT in any of the email address fields (To, From, CC, BCC) it could be linked after it was sent or received so that clicking on Eric's Contact Record's Activities would bring up that email. I didn't have to use Business Contact Manager to do it.

I can't see any way to do it now. I can link one contact to another but I can't find a way to attach an email to someone's record if they were not included in one of the mailing fields as listed above.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Travis Lloyd Linking Outlook 2016 Desktop To POP3 Acc't On Android Phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
M Linking Excel Cell to Shared Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
B Can't expose sender email address when linking outlook to access Using Outlook 3
Andrew Hawkins Linking tasks Using Outlook 1
C Linking e-mails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Need help concerning emails linking to BCM. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P Linking email responses to initial email sent Using Outlook 5
J Linking Contacts to a Message Where the Contact isn't an Addressee Using Outlook 1
J Custom Contacts: Linking button to website Using Outlook 4
M Custom Contact form queries (date control & contact/calender linking) Using Outlook 1
R Can't use "manage linking and tracking" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
K add an email to a business contact without linking/tracking sender BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K add an email to an account without linking and tracking the email address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Linking from Excel to public outlook 2010 calendar. Using Outlook 0
W Linking dropdown values Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Not all Email folders appearing in Manage E-mail Auto-linking BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Linking Outlook to Access for Contacts in Access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Sharing BCM contacts and linking items to records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Linking Information from Accounts to Business Contacts Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Linking a Business Contact to multiple Accounts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M linking projects and tasks data to access or excel BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Auto-linking emails by default shared DB BCM 2007 on SQL 2008 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
L Out of memory errors and Auto-linking hangs BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Y Move new messages to personal folder which already contains this conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G .ost file corrupted / solved the issue with some posts already said, but .ost file is corrupted agai Using Outlook 2
rc4524 Create auto follow-up reminder email for already sent messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access Using Outlook 3
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Pre populate subject + body + attachment to already open email in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
B Unable to Accept meetings that are already Tentatively accepted Using Outlook 2
B Where are my emails that I already? Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external acc. Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 reloading messages that have already been loaded Using Outlook 3
Y MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2007 - i KEEP GETTING THE "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD" BOX POPPING UP - IT IS ALREADY Using Outlook 4
N Want to add code to ThisOutlookSession, but other code already exists Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Already have Office 2007 Prof Plus, want to get BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
T My new message already has text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How do you add an attendee to a already scheduled meeting? Using Outlook 3
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2