Can't open .pst file in Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher84

Outlook version
Email Account
I have a client that copied his .pst files from his C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ folder, burned it to a DVD, and then deleted the files on his C: drive. Now we cannot restore the files back to his computer using Import and Export or File>Open>Outlook Data File in Outlook 2003. The error message is either "Access is denied" or "The .pst file is not a personal folders file". After I coped the file back to his desktop, I checked the attributes of the .pst file and "Archive" is the only flag that is set. I have tried the scanpst.exe utility but it says "The repair tool does not recognize the file, and no information could be recovered". Also, this file was copied from a machine running XP Pro and Office 2003. Any ideas?? This data is critical to the client.

horace85

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.
Click OK to open the Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog box.
Enter a file name for your new Personal Folders (.pst) file, and then click OK to open the Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box.
Enter a file name for your new Personal Folders (.pst) file, and then click OK.
You should have a new Personal Folders (.pst) file in your profile. Or try OST Repair Kit. Link

Status
Not open for further replies.