peteco

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Greetings,

I am using Win7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit and Outlook 2010 v14.0.7151.5001 32 bit
This week I began getting Outlook error messages:
"Receive reported error (0x800CCC1A) Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.......)

My first chat session with Verizon verified that all my setting are correct and finally they admitted that there was a server side issue that was being worked. Wait 24 hours for resolution. I did but he problem persisted.

During my second chat session, they insisted that the problem was resolved and it was an MS problem. I insisted on Level 2 support and got a supervisor that had me jump through hoops to delete and recreate the accounts. ( 1 main, 1 sub-account) That appeared to correct the problem so I let them go. But it was only temporary. It persists intermittently so thinking the problem is on my end I did the following:
1) PST repair
2) Deleted the profile and created a new one ( different profile name using the same PST)
3) Add the accounts in the new profile.

The error is intermittent. Sometime it works fine. Other times it appears but only in one of the accounts.
So research I have done seems to point to a Windows Update related to SSL 3.0 The latest set of Updates on my system for both Windows and Office 2010 components were on June 10, 2015.

Have any clues or fixes been been discovered ?

Peter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
billzant Windows 10 Outlook 16 and mail not working, encryption? Using Outlook 3
B Using Encryption in Outlook Using Outlook 4
Z encryption macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Search Email Header for Content Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C im getting a type mismatch error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Calendar appointment, type 2 Using Outlook 2
T issue changing [Type] in dbo.ContactMainTable/ contacts seem to be deleted BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Diane Poremsky Fix the Outlook Folder Type after Exporting an IMAP Account Using Outlook 0
T How to remove annoying Big Blue Type at beginning of my messages Using Outlook 2
L Font Type and Space Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 11 for Mac - Imap or Pop Account Type Using Outlook 6
F Change default value of date/time type from "None" to Blank Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Can't save font type in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
F "MSG" type attachments are stripped away when senand previewed with HTML tags. Using Outlook 3
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
V Type a contact to find NOT WORKING properly? Using Outlook 2
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Help creating custom Contacts form - what type is 'Email' control? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J instructions disppear when users begin type (text field) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Adding a mail address/recipient type field to a form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Problem in temporary type toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Problem in permanent type add-in toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Add new type and Custom form on exchange Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Xref type property in an email header? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T Setting a MAPI property of type PT_SYSTIME Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.Byte[ BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Outlook 2007 "Connection Status..." shows 3 "Disconnected" entries of type "Directory" Using Outlook 18
B Change data in an Internal Data Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C How to create a custom 'View Type' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Outlook 2007 AddIn: Filter attachments by type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Re: Alert message every hour based on type/number of mail messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Event Error on non existent Event. Using Outlook 2
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2