Loss of default format on deleting signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark53

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Does anyone have an idea what's going on with this bizarre behaviour? More to the point, how to prevent it?

We run Office 2013 under Windows 7 Professional. I have Tahoma 10pt black set up as my default format in Outlook and I use a Tahoma 10pt coloured signature block. This all works fine EXCEPT under the following circumstances.

On creating a new mail message:

If the signature is present and you delete it before adding an attachment, this causes the font to revert to Calibri 11pt as soon as the attachment is added.

If I leave the signature there, all is well and when the attachment is added the font stays Tahome 10pt.

If I turn off the signature (in Options), an attachment can be added with impunity, so that Tahoma 10pt stays.

skylark53

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Hi Diane. Thanks for your response. I am not in the office at the moment, so cannot check. But how do you set the body font? AFAIA Outlook 2013 has just one place (options) where you can set the font. I assumed that set it everywhere?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There is one place )in Stationery and Fonts) - but in that one place you have the option of using a specific font or using +Body.

Change the +Body in opened message > Format text tab > Change Styles > Font. Then click Set as default. Close message without sending.

skylark53

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Great; thanks! Shall try this tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.