"untitled attachment" if file name contains eg. special character

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear all,

I have discussed the following scenario with our IT admin and we also have read a lot of postings in other threads, but up to now we could not fix the issue.

The system configuration is as follows:
Microsoft Outlook/15.0 (15.0.4753.1000; MSI; x86). The mail server is HORDE (Imp H5 (6.2.8) by using EAS Version: 14.0. and Outlook's EAS.

If I receive an e-mail with an attachment and the file name of the attachment contains special character (eg. ö, ä or ü) or exceed an certain number of characters, outlook is relabelling the file name of the attachment.

example:
file name of the attachment is "öäü.txt", outlook is relabelling it into "untitled attachment 000012.txt" if I receive this e-mail. The number "000012" seems to be random and it is changing if I receive another e-mail with an attachment. The content of the file, also with special characters is not affected.

For testing purposes I have connected my outlook with the server additional by the IMAP protocol. In this scenario we do not observe any relabelling of any filename.

The first step/challenge is to determine whether it is an client (outlook) or server (HORDE) issue. Does anyone knows a procedure by which it is possible to determine this? Or, does anyone observed the same issue and could fix it?

Best Regards from Germany!

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all, just some news about this issue/bug, because it is still present also with the current updated system configuration:

Outlook/16.0 (16.0.4378.1000; MSI; x86). The mail server is HORDE (Imp H5 (6.2.14) by using EAS Version: 14.0.

Based on the following thread (https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4733) I think this issue is caused by outlook.

Someone an idea how I could fix this issue on my work station as a user?