Business Connectivity Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Craine

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Business Contact Manager keeps disappearing from my Outlook 2013. Discovered that Business Connectivity Manager was not checked in the Add-Ins. Tried checking the box, but it will not stay checked, and, hence, BCM is not active. Found a work-around, but I have to do it every morning, then not close Outlook:

1. In Data Files I have to connect again, and first, to the Local Database [my Outlook Database].
2. In Add-Ins, I have to uncheck both BCM and BCM Loader.
3. I close Add-Ins, the open it again.
4. I check BCM, BCM Loader, and Business Connectivity.

Once I have done that Business Contact Manager appears again on my links bar at the bottom of Outlook 2013. Is there away of fixing the problem so I don't have to do this every morning?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Ben Craine

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks Diane for the quick response. Went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/POLICIES/MICROSOFT. Unfortunately, under Microsoft I am finding only two folders: SystemCertificates and Windows. Can't find the rest of the items you are showing. Thanks for any additional guidance.
upload_2015-9-24_10-9-24.png

Ben Craine

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi Diane, and thanks again. I have been out of the office, and swamped when in, so no movement on this yet. Since I have not before done any regedits, so I understand, I clicked on the link and came to a page that simply had the following:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\outlook\resiliency\addinlist]
"Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.5"=dword:00000001

Can I just copy this, or a part of this and paste it somewhere? If so, once I get to regedit, where do I paste?

I certainly appreciate your help and expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.