How to duplicate content of one field in another field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcwiciu

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi.

I have created custom form (task) with form regions (I replaced first page with another one that looks very similar to default, but has additional date fields).

What I need is:

when i put date in "start date" field, the same date should occur in another date field (let's name it "copy of start date"). When the date change (due to recurrence after task is done or manually) in "start date" field, it should also be changed in the "copy of start date" field.

Plz help how to make it work.

Thx and greetings.

Hi again!

Thank you for your advice, but I need another solution.

The point is that I need sth like default "start date" field with the ability to set the time (date + time).

You can not set date + time format for the "start date". The "start date" is by default set to a format that displays just the date. The time is permanently set to 00:00, and is not displayed by default. Nor can it change. I added even control from the Toolbox (Microsoft Office Outlook Time Control), and bound it with a field "start date", but the only permissible hour was 00:00.

So I created using the controls from the toolbox (Microsoft Office Outlook Date Control and Microsoft Office Outlook Time Control), two custom fields (one for date and one for time). I called them both the same (they are date / time format, but aren't bind to default "start date" - they are independent).

I need "date format" fields because only this format is available when i choose initial and final field in timeline view (or day/month/year view).

But i also need default "start date" field (because of recurrence which only affects default "start date" field). The thing is I need the same date value in my custom field as in "start date". This custom fields are kind cloned the "start date", with the possibility to set the time.

What I need is:

when i put date in default "start date" field, the same date should occur in my custom date field (let's name it "copy of start date"). When the date change (due to recurrence after task is done or manually) in "start date" field, it should also be changed in the "copy of start date" field. Time field will be changed independently.

Plz help

Thx

I've got one more question - recurrence affects only default start and due date? Is it possible to connect custom date field to reccurence? For ex. lets say it's 1st january, task is set to: start date 1st january and due date 1st january and recurrence : create new task after 1 day the task is done. So new dates in default start / due date fields after task is done should be: 2nd january.

So if custom date field would be connected to recurrence, than custom date field should also display 2nd january.

So how to connect recurrence to custom date fields ?

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Duplicate Attachments in Content.Outlook Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
D Duplicate Emails on Phone and Tablet Using Outlook 0
I Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appearing as a duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
O Delete duplicate emails - subscription notifications Using Outlook 5
T Deleting duplicate emails Using Outlook 2
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
C Auto categorize duplicate subjects Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
C Don't forward duplicate Using Outlook 0
E Duplicate, nested account folders on ATT server Using Outlook 10
S Duplicate emails Using Outlook 2
O Remove duplicate mail items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F Avoid sending duplicate using Outlook script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to delete duplicate RSS messages? Using Outlook 6
MattC Problem with Outlook 2007 & iCloud / duplicate tasks Using Outlook 1
Horsepower Duplicate RSS feeds Using Outlook 5
P Duplicate Standard Views Using Outlook 3
J Duplicate contacts Using Outlook 1
T Duplicate emails in different "sent" boxes. Using Outlook 2
N Deleting Duplicate Calendar Entires Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Duplicate Reminders Using Outlook 5
J Duplicate emails on some computers, but not on others Using Outlook 1
M best duplicate contact remover? Using Outlook 6
Mr Mayor Duplicate Task LIST, not "duplicate tasks".... Using Outlook 10
V Duplicate and triplicate messages in Inbox Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 20
M How to remove duplicate history items BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
D Isn't there an easy way to remove duplicate contacts in outlook? Using Outlook 1
H Duplicate E-mails and Wetransfer Using Outlook 4
J Duplicate email when receiving email sent To: me and CC to a group I belong to Using Outlook 16
O Duplicate folders in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
C duplicate e-mails from gmail? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2013 Duplicate Recipients Using Outlook 9
wisedave Duplicate Emails Downloading Everytime I Open Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Duplicate emails from pop but only for certain date range? Using Outlook 4
S Duplicate Read Receipt Using Outlook 4
S can't delete duplicate account under Outlook 2007 (Win 7) Using Outlook 16
I Duplicate contacts in iPhone resulting from LinkedIn connector in Exchange Using Outlook 3
A Remove shared Contacts duplicate entry Using Outlook 3
R Duplicate tasks Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C merging duplicate files Using Outlook 3
P How to remove duplicate history items? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Duplicate items in contact custome form Using Outlook 1
J Outlook downloads duplicate emails from POP3 account Using Outlook 1
B Need to merge PST, and remove duplicate items Using Outlook 3
O Rescheduling appointment on Outlook 2010 for Windows creates duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
M How to clean duplicate/empty e-mail address fields in Outlook contacts Using Outlook 0