Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite

outl00ker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
My clients send me Outlook invites often. I would like to append notes or comments to such an Outlook invite, in such a way that:

1. My client will not be able to see the notes
2. I won't have to send an update to every invitee or the creator of the invite, after adding the note or comment

I'm on Outlook 2010. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
adding comments to the notes field shouldn't generate an update. if it does, click save then don't send update. However, future updates will include the notes. if you use onenote, you can link the appointment to onenote and take notes in it. If you are not the organizer this prevents your notes from being lost of the organizer updates the meeting.

outl00ker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
adding comments to the notes field shouldn't generate an update. if it does, click save then don't send update. However, future updates will include the notes. if you use onenote, you can link the appointment to onenote and take notes in it. If you are not the organizer this prevents your notes from being lost of the organizer updates the meeting.
If I click save, it automatically prompts whether to send an update (otherwise the changes will be lost). :(

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Click Save (or Ctrl+S) to just save it, then Save and Close. It should close without popping up the send update dialog, but if it does, click don't save - the earlier Save will have saved the changes. This only works for the notes field - time and location fields definitely can't be changed without sending updates.

mmazuelos

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Hi All,

I recently experience a similar situation. I added notes to a Calendar Notice and saved. After the organizer moved the meeting, I didn't see my notes. Since I 'saved' my notes, I am hopeful it is residing somewhere in the Outlook cosmos. Is there a way to retrieve my notes?

Best Regards,
MM