copy data in Custom Field to other folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Mattei

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I created three custom Fields in a Task Form (Client, Project, Billable). I also create the same fields in a custom calendar appointment. When I create a task and fill the fields the data is there. When I try to create an appointment from the task (i.e .drag the task onto calendar) The information does not get populated in the custom fields in the appointment. I have experience with VBA, but not in outlook. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Michael Bauer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
See the BeforeItemPaste event of the Explorer object. You can get a ref on the dragged item via the ClipboardContent variable, which is a Selection object in this case. Here read the user props of the dragged items. The next event that should trigger is the NewInspector event, which gives you a ref on the new appointment item. There add the user props to it.

Frank Mattei

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
See the BeforeItemPaste event of the Explorer object. You can get a ref on the dragged item via the ClipboardContent variable, which is a Selection object in this case. Here read the user props of the dragged items. The next event that should trigger is the NewInspector event, which gives you a ref on the new appointment item. There add the user props to it.
thanks that is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.