convert text to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky30

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am exporting appointments from excel to outlook custom calendar.
But i get a script error on the date cell.
When i put a date format in the cell it will export it to outlook. But the file i want to use have a date in the form of a text cell.

this is the content of the cell:

Thursday, 29 October, 2015

predefined as text. And i like to convert this to a real date.

can somebody help?

preferred in vba so i can add this to my macro.

Try using split - this assumes all dates in the column are using the same format. It might work to just split it and use the strdate(1) reference (outlook should work with the standard date format) - cdate converts it to 29/10/2015 format.

strDate = Split(cell reference, (", "))
MsgBox CDate(strDate(1))

The other option is to change the formar on the cells, if its a date field rather than a text field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How do I convert outlook “to-do” items to “tasks” Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
S problem with convert Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2016 64bit - on receipt convert emails into PDF and save Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C convert an .ost to .pst Using Outlook 3
D The way to convert ost to pst Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2013 how to convert 2013 OST file into an another format, i m using outlook 2013 versions. Using Outlook 1
P Is it possible to convert address book to "Auto-Complete List" (NK2)? Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst) Using Outlook 0
S How to do I convert OST file to PST? Exchange Server Administration 3
J convert .pst to .eml, how is it possible? Using Outlook 1
M convert/import a customized record into the default "Account" record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
V Check/convert to emailaddresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
R Convert Access table to pst Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2013 won't convert Excel contacts into Outlook contacts using my custom form Using Outlook 3
L Convert Distribution List of Contacts to Single Contacts Using Outlook 6
G Is there any way to convert outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
D Outlook contacts no in address book - 2002 pst file convert to 2007 pst file? Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7
A Outlook 2003: convert all RTF emails to HTML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to convert BCM contacts to normal Outlook contacts BUT... BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
G Tasks - convert email to task & attach email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Re: Convert Oportunity to Project? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B convert VBA code to Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q How tough is it to convert VBA to Addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Replace hard returns with soft returns on selected text and button to QAT Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
J Text icon in Quick Access toolbar ? Using Outlook 2
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 9
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1