Client-side rules not working, but no error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryV

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
My enduser's client-side rules stopped working on a day that she was temporarily unable to access her PSTs. Once she regained access to the PSTs, no rules would run. I have had her try a manual run of the rules, close her PSTs and reopen, rename her .srs file, and log out and back in to Outlook. None of those trials were successful. She has been able to recreate some of the rules and the recreated rule does work.

I am hopeful that you have suggestions that might assist in resolving her issue.

Client is running Office 365 with Outlook 2013
rules are Client-side
PST files are on network storage because of size

Are (or were) the rules marked as invalid?

Did you try using scanpst? Accessing pst files over the network can result in corrupt pst files if network access is lost when outlook has the pst open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2016 Client and 365 - Groups Folder Using Outlook 3
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2013 Rules - (client only) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
F "Move to" O365 feature to Outlook client via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Outlook 2016 Not Default Client Using Outlook 5
A How to get rid of "sending on behalf of" when sending from Outlook 2016 client Using Outlook 12
R Outlook 2016 - How to change password in MS Exchange email client Using Outlook 0
R Making Outlook default client in share charm Using Outlook 4
L Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client Using Outlook 5
P What Are Alternatives for New Email Client After Office365 Using Outlook 8
J Install BCM Client without an local SQl Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 20070 "client error in synchronization log" Exchange Server Administration 1
T Calendar Entry in Outlook Client but will not sync Exchange Server Administration 1
T client addin deletes all business contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Can BCM monitor and select specific emails and use content info to update the client's record? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Outlook 2013 client not showing newly added Contacts but... Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook 2010 client to Exchange ,,,,search not working proparly Exchange Server Administration 0
J Outlook client not redrawing completely upon restore Using Outlook 0
T Sent Items Rule and Client Only Using Outlook 5
C Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot ... Using Outlook 1
R Ingest contact PST from exchange 2007 thru client's Outlook via PRF Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook client macro to web access Using Outlook 1
T Make Default Outlook 2010 Client Mail Using Outlook 1
J “additional” mailbox cannot be removed from an Outlook 2007 client’s mailbox Exchange Server Administration 1
F How I manage PST file that received from my client Using Outlook 2
S HTML Contents of an email Jumbled in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 5
E BCM 2007 no reminder visible at client PC in workgroup BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
G fix client/server conversation error message Exchange Server Administration 1
B Sent Items Not Displaying in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 2
R Outlook client giving undeliverable message Using Outlook 2
C Exchange Client Extensions in Outlook 2010? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Exchange Client Extensions in Outlook 2010? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Creating an Outlook Profile for RPC over HTTP client Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2003 OpenEntry - Exchange Client Extension API Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Can I install BCM client without SQL Express? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How can I change the font size on right side appointment pane Using Outlook 12
C how to remove icons on right hand side outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
L How to create server-side rule? Using Outlook 4
D Make Days "Bolder" in Side Calendars? Using Outlook 1
I Notification/Popup Box not showing on right side Using Outlook 1
D Printing calendars side by side Using Outlook 4