Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickard Johansson

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Hi,

I'm using Outlook 365 at work, and when booking conference rooms for meetings, I have always used the room Finder function. Due to the large number of available conference rooms, it is convenient to use Room Finder. But suddenly, the icon dissapeared. I tried adding it manually by customizing the ribbon, and it did appear, but it was now greyed out.

I have googled this for a few hours now, and there seems to be some info out there, but not any specific solution to my issue personally. Most information points toward the Microsoft Exchange Addin being inactive. I checked and it is indeed inactive. I tried re-enabling it, but the Room Finder icon is still missing (or greyed). I tried restarting Outlook and still it was missing. Also, the Microsoft Exchange Addin was again inactive.

I have also spent a few hours with our help desk without result.

It seems to me that the issue is connected to the Exchange Addin being inactive at start up. Perhaps Room Finder will only appear if the Microsoft Exchange addin is activated durin startup?

I might add that I have spent some time looking in the Registry Editor to try and find the Load Behavior of the addin. Once I found it, I could see that it was set to 3, which is supposed to mean that it shall be activated during startup. It was located in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Addins\umoutlookaddin.FormRegionAddin

Does anyone have any info on this?

Sincerely,
Rickard Johansson

Hi Diane,

Thanks for replying. Actually I managed to solve the issue yesterday. I'll describe how I solved it here in case someone else encounters the same problem. It was very simple. I went to File > Options > Add-ins. I could see that the Micsosoft Exchange Add-in was inactive. At the bottom of the dialogue box, I selected COM Add-ins from the drop down menu and clicked Go... I selected the Microsoft Exchange Add-in and noted it's Location, and then clicked Remove. I then clicked Add... and browsed to the location of the Add-in added it. Then it worked. Can't believe I didn't try that earlier.

Anyway, thanks for your help :)

Regards,
Rickard Johansson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
Mr Mayor Room Finder...GONE?? Using Outlook 6
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
S Room Finder Using Outlook 4
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
D Office365 Conference Room name change? Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full Using Outlook 0
S Meeting room booking report Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Not enough room in Favorites Using Outlook 1
F Room Mailbox Reply Exchange Server Administration 0
L Room mailboxes and delegates Exchange Server Administration 1
P Viewing Meeting Organizer on room Mailbox Using Outlook 1
R Creating a Room Mailbox with Exchange Online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Room mailbox and replies Exchange Server Administration 0
F Can I create a form associated with Room List Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
s7evie combine 24 meeting room calendars in to 1 single list Using Outlook 2
D Setting defult "Show a room list" Using Outlook 0
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
M Room Reservation request showed "None" in Tracking-View Tracking Status. Exchange Server Administration 0
J outlook problem it allow to book meeting room at the same day & time Using Outlook 0
B Multi Room (10) Calandar Using Outlook 1
J meeting room mailboxes Using Outlook 1
B Scheduling a Meeting Resource (Room) with a conflict doesn't indicate any conflict on users calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Get FreeBusy information for a Room/resource Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Latest Changes to form not appearing for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appearing as a duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
M tasks in todo list appearing twice Using Outlook 3
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
Jessica .msg file saved in network drive appearing in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
C New emails not appearing until Outlook is closed and re-opened Using Outlook 5
R Problem with Reminder appearing in Inbox Using Outlook 5
E No projects appearing in 'business projects' for bcm Using Outlook 0
E MIME encoding appearing in body of message Using Outlook 3
A Contacts not appearing either in address book or address list Using Outlook 5
M Rules & Alerts not appearing in the File Tab (outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
O "Replied" messages not in "sent" box, but are appearing in my "inbox" from me Using Outlook 1
D Saved emails not appearing in draft folder Using Outlook 3
D Problem with images not appearing in emails. Using Outlook 14
H Not all Email folders appearing in Manage E-mail Auto-linking BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Form region not appearing on machines I deploy to? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G New email account not appearing on mail folder listing Using Outlook 3
W Business Contact appearing in Task BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T the default position of the find dialogue is appearing off the scr Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Reminders keep appearing without being requested BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4