Two Sync Issues folders

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
On one IMAP account in Outlook 2013 I have two local Sync Issues folders (with corresponding Local Failures subfolders) - Sync Issues and Sync Issues1. Deleting them is disabled. Is there any way to remove it (other than, I suppose, removing and re-creating the account in Outlook)?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm surprised you can't delete one of the two... but you don't need to remove the account, only the data file.... or use MFCMAPI to delete one folder. I'd probably restart outlook using the resetfolders switch then use mfcmapi to delete sync issues1.

If you use rules, export them then right click on the top level folder (usually the email address) and choose open file location to open windows explorer to the right location. Close outlook and delete the file. Outlook will need to download everything.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks, deleting .OST did the trick. However, it created another issue - how can I rename the "header" of the mailbox as displayed on the left? It was "name@email.something", but now it's "IMAP: name@email.something" (probably because a long time ago I actually had this naming convention...).

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Yes, I had "FROM" or "IMAP" prefixes added, but that was before you could actually rearrange them in the folder list. So now even the re-created OST was "IMAP email@address.domain.ost" - which probably came from the profile, because the account properties was already named correctly as email@address.domain. I had to first add a few letters, and then changed it back, so that the correct name was then reflected in the folder list.