Calendar folder cannot be found (tasks folder cannot be found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden-berg

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've been using for years productivity rules that create a task or an appointment out of an email message. First hassle came when switching to an Exchange Active Sync account, when newly created tasks or appointments no longer allowed attachments. Learned to live with that. As of a week ago, I can no longer create "create an appointment with text of message" from my gmail account (can still do it from my outlook.com account). Error message popup is "Calendar folder cannot be found".
Any solution or workaround? I've already followed Google's recommendation to allow access to less secure apps at Account settings: Your browser is not supported..
Thanks!

I've been using for years productivity rules that create a task or an appointment out of an email message. First hassle came when switching to an Exchange Active Sync account, when newly created tasks or appointments no longer allowed attachments. Learned to live with that. As of a week ago, I can no longer create "create an appointment with text of message" from my gmail account (can still do it from my outlook.com account). Error message popup is "Calendar folder cannot be found".
Any solution or workaround? I've already followed Google's recommendation to allow access to less secure apps at Account settings: Your browser is not supported..
Thanks!
Similar issue: Outlook 2016, with POP and IMAP accounts. I used to be able to create a "Quick Step" for an email to become a Task. Am now getting error each time: "Tasks folder cannot be found". I am able to drag an email onto the task icon and create a task in that fashion. Have restarted Outlook with "resettoolbar.exe". Any solved this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Exchange Server Administration 1
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M This Meeting is not in the Calendar Folder... Using Outlook 4
N Public Folder Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4
J associate task folder with a specific calendar Using Outlook 2
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
V Open Outlook Calendar and Tasks views with Folder pane off Using Outlook 2
H Calendar Folder property is empty Using Outlook 1
Commodore Calendar Folder property is missing - Event 27 Using Outlook 11
G iCloud task folder not showing in outlook calendar page Using Outlook 3
F Outlook (calendar) Folder width Using Outlook 1
I Importing Outlook form into calendar folder? Using Outlook 1
R Shared Public calendar folder changing appointments Using Outlook 1
M How to set a rule for calendar items to go to a folder vs inbox? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 - Calendar in public folder issue Using Outlook 7
J Getting values of custom categories set on Calendar folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V How to persist attributes of a calendar folder and its items? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J dragging an calendar item to deleted folder does not trigger ItemRemove event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
C Recover calendar Using Outlook 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3