How to validate any email address before it is sent

Jeru

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hello All,

I was recently assigned this ticket to find out how to validate email addresses before they are sent. We are currently going through a naming convention change, so some emails are full first name and full last name @ domain.com, while others are first initial full last name @domain. Is there a way in Outlook to validate all email addresses before sending? Or at the very least, all emails that belong to a particular domain, to at least validate inside addresses, and addresses of our major customers and suppliers.

The problem is that even if the address is wrong and it gets sent into nothingness, you would never know because you get the same underline, just like the legit addresses.

We are running mostly Outlook 2007 on our workstations.

dohodoho

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Just to confirm. So it is not enough if you can actually see the full email address being sent to, you actually want to test if the particular email address is valid?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There is a command you can send to SMTP servers to verify they accept mail for the address but Outlook can't do it and i don't know the commands to use offhand. (I discovered it the other day when I was researching some issues with my mailing list.) Google (or Bing) "bulk mail verify address" for several services.