Unwanted Category "Starred in Android"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfkc

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I am using outlook 2010 and very happy with how my incoming emails are categorized with the exception that many emails also have the category "Starred in Android". This is almost always on top of one of my existing categories. I see no rule that add this. I tried stopping my phone from syncing email but that had no effect. I do have a gmail account where some emails get "starred" but I don't see how that could be affecting this.

Untitled - 1.jpg

see image for detail. I would like to completely remove the "starred in android" category but when i try i see the category has "(not in Master Category List)" and the delete button is grayed out.

It would be great to get even a suggestion on how to fix this.

Solved, it was all my own fault.

Well, i thought i had looked through my rules for this, but i had missed it. I dont know when or why but it appears i put it in a rule myself.

Oh really? Well, actually, I guess that would be it - because Starred messages should be filed in a folder called Starred, not categorized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
T Outlook creating a folder named: "Unwanted" Using Outlook 3
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
J Outlook creating unwanted rule on its own Using Outlook 1
H Cannot remove unwanted fields from form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
N Outllok adds unwanted period in my e-mail address Using Outlook 1
R Spurious unwanted printing Using Outlook 1
B BCM Send Unwanted Reminders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
farrissf Category list to pick from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Macro to mark email with a Category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Clear one category when another is chosen Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
bhamberg Contacts in a category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
K Custom Category Colors Using Outlook 2
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
soadfan assign category (VBA) Using Outlook 7
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Category Color doesn't Display in Inbox Using Outlook 0
M receive mail when appointment category changes and create task from appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N VBA Outlook reference to Excel and assigning category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
A recover contact category assignments Using Outlook 4
A Grouping emails using "From" causes a None Category Using Outlook 5
J Outlook Rules not show Master Category List Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
William getting custom form to load category colors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Categorize Messages using Contact Category Using Outlook 0
T Macro to find contacts by category and copy them to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
bifjamod Saving sent email to specific folder based on category with wildcard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Outlook 2010 - Set the category based on category of other emails in same conversatio Using Outlook 20
A How are you handling Outlook.com category issue and syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T default category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
L Change Category in a Task via macro Using Outlook 8
K Help! I selected every contact and mistakenly made them all the same category Using Outlook 1
R Filter Views by Category Using Outlook 2
S categories are being cut off after selecting from category pop up form Using Outlook 3
D Search on Category in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
R Any idea why my category colours aren't showing in my calendar? Using Outlook 0
M Searching for categories not in the master category list Using Outlook 3
L Category List Using Outlook 43
F Export Outlook contacts by One Category Using Outlook 1
M Cannot change category in inbox; Can change it in popup Using Outlook 0
R Restore Master Category List Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 7
D Macro to export mail data based on assigned category Using Outlook 3