Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have several contacts folders under my account and want them all accessible on MS Outlook Iphone client.
To do that I had to move all except the default one, under the defalut folder.

But Siri, Cortana's cousin, cannot seem to see any contacts other than the default root one.

Guess I'll have to stop driving while phoning.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Turns out that MS Outlook app for the Iphone has an advanced setting that does just what you say. Siri then uses it. But the MS Iphone app does not synch or export contact subfolders. Since Iphone contacts, unlike MS Outlook iphone client, supposedly cannot read contact subfolders, the work around would have to be an export-merge of the root and subfolder contacts folders to the Iphone built in contacts app. That wb fine for me because the contacts in each folder are unique.

Looking like I'll have to manually export and merge them into Icloud from my pc. every week. A pita.

THe iphone MS app has a dedicated help team accessed within the app. I'm asking them too and will post their response. Apparently they hadn't had a contacts subfolder question before.

Funny how things change and don't in mobil tech. Synching has been a pita for the last 15 years with so many devices.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In app tech support confirmed that MS OL for IPhone only sends the Apple Contacts app data from the root personal contacts folder. Tech was surprised also. Still chewing it over at MS.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ah. It's just the sync process that is the problem. I set the account up in the native apple app - i originally only synced contacts but had to turn on mail for the shortest sync possible so I could send mail using the apple apps.