Making Outlook default client in share charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw2

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When trying to share a story in Microsoft News (WIN 10) to the share (charm?), the Mail icon loads what I think is Win 10 mail which doesn't work...keeps crashing which I don't use anyway. Is there a way to make the share to mail load Outlook? Thanks in advance for any help or explanation.

Rich W.

This is the news app? (Interesting... the Share charm isn't present when viewing every article.)

It looks like it is hard coded to use the mail app (and other apps), not the default email client. I'll check, but i don't think we can change it.

Thanks Diane...
Yes the News app, and the article had the Share charm at the top (menu?). Click it and the list of available share options slides out from the right. The Mail app is at the top of the list of a host of others. I did find out that my mail app was not set up (since I use Outlook 2016) but upon trying to add an account I keep getting an error. A little digging in Bing/Google showed a lot of folks having the same problem of not being able to setup an account. Doesn't bother me too much as like I said I use Outlook 2016 and wouldn't want to change. Hence the question if it is possible to change the mail charm default to Outlook. By your reply, things aren't looking good :(. Hope you find out different :D. Thanks again for investigating.

Apparently the share charm isn't used when the article has share buttons in it. I haven't heard back from the people who would know if we can change the mail app.

Well after much more digging, I got the Win 10 mail app to work. Had to change my user login to local from Microsoft acct. and was able to add my email acct to the Win 10 mail app. Then I changed my local acct. login back to the Microsoft acct. and all is well. Loaded the News app, selected an article, clicked the share icon and opened the mail app and walla! it opened with the article ready to send which I did (to myself). It sent a link to the article and an attachment which ended up to be the main picture in the article. So all is working as I would suspect it should. Now to wait for an answer to the question whether the default mail app (Win 10 Mail App.) can be changed :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 12
V Making a Date field mandatory in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2019 having issues with 'people search' and not making suggestions in email To: etc Using Outlook 12
T Outlook 2003 - Making a distribution list from a contact folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Making custom Outlook 2007 folders emptiable like "Deleted Items" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
CWM030 Thinking about making the plunge. Exchange Server Administration 6
M Making Subject field writable (disable Read Only) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
Michael R Belleville Making an Attachment Name the Message Subject Using Outlook 2
Pierce007 Maps/location in making an appointment Using Outlook 2
D No Follow up when making new form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Safeguards against accidental deletion / making inactive. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Need help making RULE to prepend email SUBJECT Using Outlook 3
J Making field editable in custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
L Opening People Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7