Search Folder for search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamerand

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I need to create a Search Folder that would be able to search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders. I have attached two screenshot that show that I can user the Search Folder in the 1 account and the same query I need to prepare another Search Folder with another PST folder. Is there a way to bypass it and have one single Search Folder for all PST (I have more than 1) and the default account(s)? I am using MS Outlook 2013 (32-bit version).

Attachments

• Screenshot 01.png
    Screenshot 01.png
    30 KB · Views: 483
  • Screenshot 02.png
    Screenshot 02.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 475
Search folders are limited to one data file per search folder. If it doesn't need to be persistent, you can use instant search. You can use it in a macro to make it easier to use - How to Create a Unified Inbox View

Dear Diana,

The suggested option is a nice, but I need fo persistent. What are other options for making persistent Search Folder in multiple PST folders?

Unfortunately, you can't make a multi-data file search folder. I son't know if any 3rd party search utilities might be able to mimic a search folder that covers all data files - i have a list of utilities here - Search Tools for Personal Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Posts in Folder No Longer Group by Conversation Column After Search Using Outlook 0
Y Filter unread emails in a search folder vba help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Search/Jump to a folder by typing its name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
W Create Search Folder excluding Specific Email Addresses Using Outlook 5
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Search folder refresh Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Search folder for tasks in all task folders Using Outlook 1
B Search: Cannot find which Folder Contains a Message Using Outlook 3
E Search for folder by key in subject then move new message to related folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S VBA Code to move mail items from search folder to inbox subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Auto move search results to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S VBA to search a keyword in attachment and move to a folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Use VBA to create an Outlook Search Folder for Sender Using Outlook 0
Van Fog Get items in search folder for shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Is there any easy way to quickly search for the name of a folder in Outlook's inbox folder structure Exchange Server Administration 1
R Inbox search, current folder, it's in there-but not found. Using Outlook 2
C search outlook 2013 folder using keyword identifiers Using Outlook 1
S Contacts disappear in public folder search Using Outlook 1
L Save Contact Search as a Folder 2007 Using Outlook 1
Mark Rideout Search folder for appointments and emails Using Outlook 2
Mark Rideout Search Folder of flagged messages including "tracked conversations" Using Outlook 2
Jennifer Murphy How to search a folder and its subfolders Using Outlook 6
L Outlook 2007 Search Folder Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external domain Using Outlook 9
R Flagged for Follow Up Search folder MIA after PST export/import Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Search Folder Limitation Using Outlook 1
F All mail to/from a doman with a Search Folder Using Outlook 3
W Go to search field when entering a contact folder? Using Outlook 2
T Permanent Removal of RSS feeds folder amd Search folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 10
M Is there a RefreshNow action for Search Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
M Create search folder filter that converts UTC time to local? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M How to programmatically select a outlook search folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Loop mail items within a Custom Search Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to speed up a search on a shared mailbox folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A 'search people' now asks me to 'press enter' Using Outlook 8
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
T Outlook365 search item listed as "potential matches" can't be opened Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0